The organic look of watercoloring is appealing to many of us. Springtime is a very nice season to capture all of the glorious colors in our craft projects. Today I demonstrate how I create a watercolor panel with a natural look, then use it to make a card. Nothing too hard in this project, but you might just get your fingers a little inky 🙂
Watercolor smooching, or aqua wash, is a fun and creative way to make a background. For this card, I will punch shapes from the panel instead of making a background. Lovely spring colors as possible in any color combo you like.
The method I use for watercolor smooching is:
- Start off with paper that can handle lots of fluid, such as watercolor paper. Choose either the smooth or rough side.
- Use stamp pads or Markers to place some ink onto the shiny side of a strip of freezer paper or acetate. Then spritz with a mist of water.
- Dip or dab the watercolor paper onto the fluid in patches of color. Use a heat tool on low setting to dry your paper and then repeat the dipping method. This will build up color and give a mottled look.
- Build up about 6 layers to give a look of depth. I start with darkest ink first, then use a lighter shade next.
- Dry the paper completely and you are ready to use it as desired.
Measurements for this project are:
-Card Base of Thick Whisper White card stock: 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ (scored and folded from 4 1/4″ x 11″)
-Watercolor paper card stock scraps for coloring then punching
Here is a list of supplies I used to make this card project. Links are here that you can click to get product info and purchase items, at no additional cost to you, as well. Thank you for your support with your purchase 🙂
This card reminds me of intense spring colors and I hope it will bring you a smile. The design will work well with any theme, perhaps flowers? Try out this design and share a photo with me so I can give you a shout out on a future blog post. I would LOVE to see what you create! Thanks for stopping by today.
YOUR Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
For information on next month’s live events, click here for details and supplies
Be sure to grab your Sale-A-Bration items before March 31st
In answer to many questions, yes I am a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator and YES you can join my team. I have a non-geographical team, which means you can live anywhere in the US and participate on my team. I hold monthly meetings via FaceBook LIVE in which you assemble a prepared project. Now is also the best time to join as a hobby demo, as you get to choose TWO FREE STAMP SETS. It’s a win=win for you !
Starting January 4th, Sale A Bration gets you FREE STAMPS