A cupcake ferris wheel! I have had this card project in line to be made, for quite some time. I had first acquired the Lift Me Up stamp bundle and noticed that the small cloud also is the same stamp & die combo for the cupcakes on this ferris wheel, when I knew the card had to be made. And I have to share this with you all… I love it! The cupcake tops just pop off the page (literally!) and add so much depth to the look. I can see many more of these card being made in the near future 😉
At the moment, I am in love with an ink color combo: Pink Pirouette, Sweet Sugarplum & Rich Razzleberry. I’ve used these colors in a few projects but have not gotten rid of the crafting bug yet. I still need to use them and making the ombre look with them is working out so well! For this project, I decided to use these colors on the ferris wheel using the MISTI stamp positioner. The MISTI will allow me to isolate one certain portion of the stamp and not loose my place on the paper. I like to do this type of technique with Stampin’ Write Markers. For this project, I used these colors in addition to the ones listed above: Sahara Sand, Elegant Eggplant, Tip Top Taupe. I colored the cupcake toppers with Pink Pirouette and the Clear Wink of Stella brush.
To get an isolated portion of the stamp in different colors, here is how I do it:
- Place the paper into the MISTI at the desired location (I go for the bottom right hand corner most times)
- Place the stamp, image side down, onto the paper in the exact location you want it to stamp
- Close the clear door on the MISTI to pick up the stamp. Now each time you open and close the door to stamp the image, it will go onto the paper in EXACTLY THE SAME SPOT. This is very useful!
- Using the markers, I color a certain area on the stamp with the door in the open position, then close the door onto the paper and give the front a small amount of pressure. You can experiment on just how much pressure to use. Open the door now and clean the stamp now with a damp cloth. You can now move on to using the color you need on the area you need it and clean the stamp in between colors.
- Something to consider is to clear emboss the image after all stamping is done, because… why not? The stamp is exactly where you need it!
Measurements for this project are:
-Card Base of Tip Top Taupe card stock: 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ (scored and folded from 4 1/4″ x 11″)
-Pink Pirouette card stock (for the layer) cut at 4 1/8 ” x 5 3/8″
-Whisper White card stock (for the card front) cut at 4 ” x 5 1/4″
-scraps of Watercolor Paper or Whisper White card stock for stamped cupcake topper images
-scraps of Whisper White card stock for stamped sentiment
-scraps of Tip Top Taupe for Oval die cut
On the inside of the card, I did a bit of ombre style stamping with Pink Pirouette, Sweet Sugarplum and Rich Razzleberry. I really like the look of ombre 🙂
Here is a list of supplies I used to make this card project. Links are here that you can click to get product info and purchase items, at no additional cost to you, as well. Thank you for your support with your purchase 🙂
Using a large stamp, like this ferris wheel, can make an easy card design. Try out this design and share a photo with me so I can give you a shout out on a future blog post. I would LOVE to see what you create! Thanks for stopping by today.
YOUR Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
FLOWER WATCH DAY 3
She is opening more each day. The kids are so excited to wake each morning and see what changes we have in “our flower”. It’s looking like she will be either pink or red, still waiting to find out. More progress tomorrow 🙂
Did you order the supplies you need to craft along with me on these dates? Order TODAY!
For information on this month’s live events, click here for details and supplies
In answer to many questions, yes I am a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator and YES you can join my team. I have a non-geographical team, which means you can live anywhere in the US and participate on my team. I hold monthly meetings via FaceBook LIVE in which you assemble a prepared project. Now is also the best time to join as a hobby demo, as you get to choose TWO FREE STAMP SETS. It’s a win=win for you !
Starting January 4th, Sale A Bration gets you FREE STAMPS