This week, the Global Design Project challenge is to use a specific theme in the design in a cardmaking project. The theme is to create a 3D object or something that comes off of the card. I have had an idea for some time, to use the So Detailed dies set as a bookmark, and it will fit this challenge very well. To view the projects for this challenge, please visit the Global Design Project page by clicking here
The colors I chose are Soft Sky, Very Vanilla and Sahara Sand. I started out with the card base made of Soft Sky (measuring 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) and knew I would use the Soft Sky for the bookmark as well. I stamped with Sahara Sand ink, which coordinates with the patterned paper. It all works together to create an overall pleasing effect.
Here are basic instructions to assemble this project:
- Cut paper to specifics in below image. Adhere the DSP to Very Vanilla layer using Snail Adhesive.
- Make one die cut of the bookmark die using Soft Sky card stock. Cut a strip of patterned paper that shows the Soft Sky background, that will fit behind the bookmark die cut, it will be cut to the same size. Attach these two using Fine Tip Glue Pen, with the blue pattern showing to the front of the die cut. You will see this paper through the holes in the bookmark.
- Attach DSP/Vanilla card front to card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach the strip of Window Sheet acetate to the card front at the desired location, using folded Glue Dots. I folded them with the tip of my scissors while still on the roll. Folding them adds a bit of dimension to accommodate the bookmark.
- From the Very Vanilla die cut of large floral image, cut away some of the flower images to allow them to be stacked on the card front in a different position. I removed one large flower and repositioned it at the opposite corner. Attach the large floral unit using Fine Tip Glue Pen, directly to the card front over the acetate. It will stick to DSP and acetate alike. Once glued, add the last floral image at desired location, gluing with Fine Tip Glue Pen as well.
- Create a hole with Hole Punch or Paper Piercing Tool (or scissors) at top of bookmark. Place desired length of ribbon, using a pull through slip knot and then tie the trinket to the base of ribbon with Gold thread. One small bow works well.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the bookmark front and slip it into the pocket on the card front. Try adding sequins for extra sparkle!
I would like to try this using Sweet Sugarplum and Blushing Bride as well. The script on the sentiment from So in Love is very pretty paired with the die cuts. This project has allowed two dies from the set to be used in a creative and new way. A bookmark will be a memory keepsake that you can handwrite a short message on the back.
Giving a reposition to a die cut is a great way to bring new life into your craft supplies! How would you re-use something in a new way?
Here is a list of supplies I used to make this card project. Links are here that you can click to get product info and purchase items, at no additional cost to you, as well. Thank you for your support with your purchase 🙂
This is a great stamp set make a general card or 3D project. Don’t forget to pop over to the Global Design Project page for my project and all of the other projects made with this theme. Thanks for stopping by!
YOUR Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
Are you interested in purchasing one of the finished cards I have featured on a blog post? Visit my Etsy shop at www.jennystampsup.etsy.com for a small selection. If the card you are looking for is not there, drop me a note and I will place it in the shop for you. -Jenny xoxo